Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Look Back: Reflection of 2011

Now that 2012 is fast approaching, it's time to reflect on the lessons learned in 2011.  I can't help but think about how much I've changed and grown.  I'm certainly not the same person I used to be.  I thank God for that.  Reflecting on this past year, what will you take away as a valuable lesson you learned?  How did it change your way of thinking?
What I can take away from this year is the fact that God has truly STRETCHED me beyond my comfort zone and my limits. I had to learn some major life lessons this year that I couldn't understand at the time, but as I reflect today, it was all for my good and preparation for what is ahead of me. "Being The Bigger Person" was my 2011 life story. It was so difficult to fathom, and I mean it was so hard, but I have been richly rewarded for being obedient. For that, I'm thankful for God's favor. I didn't give in to the devil's tricks and I stood strong through each and every storm. And there were ALOT of storms.  People will do their best to bring you down to their level of misery, jealousy, and insecurity.  It's unfortunate, but God places these certain people in your life for a reason.
Often times we may be feeling attacked from so many different angles. Someone is pushing our buttons, aggravating or frustrating you, or is simply doing their best to sabotage you.  The test comes when you stand still and let God work on your behalf.  It's difficult, it's frustrating, it will hurt, but in the end, your fence of protection will remain in tact if God remains in control.   I had to learn this more times than I care to remember this year, but my obedience has allowed me to see God's favor in my life.  Ten years ago, I was neither forgiving, nor that disciplined.  Now I see things on a larger scale than I used to.  Some things are just too trivial to entertain, but when it gets to be too much, give it all over to God and let him handle it.  I tried that approach, and I won EVERY time!  Even when I thought I didn't, I actually did!  That is a victory no one can take from you!
Thank you Lord for the lessons taught and the lessons learned. Here's to forward movement and elevation to the next level! Happy New Year, guys and dolls! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment