Friday, December 9, 2011

Who Is FunkyHairChic?

My name is Amma (ah-mah) and I am a young 30-something doll with a big heart and a lot of love to give!  By day, I am a high school teacher and I’ve been impacting young lives for the last six years.  Was it my original plan?  Not at all!.  I used to be the girl who had her entire life planned out down to the days, but God has a funny way of rerouting the plans and implementing His own.  Years ago, I stopped struggling with Him and just let him take full control of my life.  Ironically, I’ve had much less drama in my life since doing so.

Well, I’m a southern girl. Born in VA, but raised in the Lone Star State all of my life.  I have an awesomely loving family whom I adore, and I have the best circle of friends a girl could ask for.  I’m ready for love.  I mean that real, butterflies in your stomach, girlish smile, giddy goofy, “The Notebook” type of love.  It’s been YEARS since I’ve been there, and I so want to be back in that place, but this time it will be healthy, it will be right, and it will be forever.  It will come.  I have to believe in my heart of hearts it will come.  You will notice in my blog that I will speak affirmations quite a bit.  This serves as some encouragement for those who may be in doubt. :)

A few other tidbits is I love 50s and 60s era Audrey Heburnesque/Jackie O fashion and glamour.  Audrey is one of idols, because of her style and grace.  I’m not a vintage connoisseur, but I’m starting to get hip and opening my mind to it.  I’m a big thrifter!  I just got into thrifting this past year and I was sleeping on that best kept secret! I love natural hair, particularly, BIG hair.  I’ve been a curly girl for 2.5 years and counting and I’m absolutely in love with my hair! I like soft, subtle and simple makeup looks; nothing too MAC drastic. Shoe-lover, lover of the arts, and lover of life.

I’m your charming girl next door type who enjoys the simple things in life.  Welcome to my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment