Saturday, January 14, 2012

Be Anxious For Nothing

 
Hey Dolls!

I hope your 2012 is off to a great start!  Hopefully you're using this time to see your plans, goals and vision through.  This is not the time to sit on them and put them to the side.  Consistency is the key to successfully fulfilling your purpose.

As for me, my 2012 was off to somewhat of a rocky start.  First, I rang in the the new year alone.  That's not entirely a bad thing, but I was not feeling up to company or going anywhere so I just stayed home and began to reflect on things in my life.  I was also in a "blah" kinda mood, because my "visitor" came to haunt me. LOL! Then I went back to work after the holidays trying to re-adjust my working relationships with some people.  I had to sever ties with a former friend, and having to go back to face them was a little awkward, but it's all working itself out.  I've been a little anxious about it.

Also, I've been a little anxious about the common medical condition that I was diagnosed with last year.  Fibroids.  I've been dealing with them for a year and I found out that one of them has doubled in size and I have two others kinda lurking around.  There is talks of having surgery to remove them so I'm a little nervous about the whole thing.  I discuss my ordeal in my previous post about them.

Last but not least, I called myself becoming the proud owner of a new dog.  I picked her up and brought her home last weekend.  Her name is Cocoa and she's the most adorable boxer, EVER!  She and I spent a good 24 hours together until....I leave the house to go church and run a few errands.  I was only gone for a few hours and something told me to leave her inside the house.  I didn't go with my gut, and I let her stay in the backyard.  She's a house-broken dog, but I didn't know how she would react in her new environment when I'm gone, so I let her out; not thinking that she would sneak out and run.  Sure enough, I came back home and she totally disappeared.  Needless to say, I feel awful, I'm devastated, and I feel responsible for her escape.  I've taken proactive steps to find her and it's been almost a week and no word, no sign of her.  Several neighbors have spotted her here and there, but supposedly, she is running from anyone who tries to help her.  I'm starting to think that she's content being out in the streets. I actually spotted her the other night and I tried to call her back to me and she just took off into the wilderness. :(   What does that say about  me when my own dog abandons me?  It makes me sad when I think about it.

All and all it's been a pretty eventful two weeks for me.  I'm hoping it can only get better from now on.  The upside is school begins next week.  I'm very excited about grad school!  Paying for it is another thing, but it's all good.  I've got it covered.  I'm also very involved in my new workout regimen.  I've been very consistent this month in getting to the gym.  I'm already down 4 lbs since my last doctor's visit in December!  Yay!  I'm beasting in the gym.  My fast is going well.  I'm eating a modified Daniel fast diet.  It's been much easier this go round since I've changed my overall diet to conform to my health, anyway.  My blood pressure is under control since I've started being more active.  I'm no longer hypertensive.  It fluctuates between normal to pre-hypertensive, which is a good thing. 

I guess 2012 is not all that rocky considering the good news.  I'm praying for the best year and I know being anxious means I'm not trusting God to make it happen.  I'm still learning how to live, let live and let go.  That's hard sometimes, but it's necessary.  I just need to get deeper into the Word and spend more time with God.  I believe once He has my full attention things won't seem so insurmountable.  I'm speaking to myself, but I hope you all reflect on that scripture above.  Tomorrow will take care of itself, so there is no use in worrying.  Dolls, be anxious for nothing.  Think about the good that's happening to you, through you and around you and  notice that it totally outweighs the bad.  Trouble doesn't last always.  It's going to be an awesome year!  I claim that today and I pray I don't lose sight of that revelation.  Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment