Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Get It Right, Get It Tight!


 Source:  Sweet Pototo Pie

I've been starting off 2012 hitting the ground running with my "Healthier Me"  challenge.  I've been seriously on the path to more fit life and so far, it's going great!  I joined this awesome network of fitness pals to help keep me motivated as we embrace a healthier lifestyle.  I must say, it feels good not to be in this thing alone.  My social circle keeps me encouraged, driven, and positive.  I love that, because we feed off each other's energies. You should check out MyFitnessPal and get hooked up with a network of people to cheer you on as you get fit.  There is an app for iPhone and Android or simply go to MyFitnessPal and get signed up!  It's an awesome tool!

I've set a few goals for myself for the next six months to improve health wise.  Like I stated in an earlier post, action is required to see desired results.  I need results. First thing I did was get a gym membership.  I didn't join just any gym, though.  I joined a small, family owned gym that is about 5000 square feet with every possible machine at my disposal.  I have the luxury of working out any time of the day or night and being the only one at the gym.  No waiting for a machine, or packed peak hours.  Ahhh, bliss!!!  I visit the gym 3x per week for an hour each visit.  I plan my workouts ahead, but cardio is always included in some way.  I love to run.  I'll jog for .75 miles straight, but I'm pushing myself to run a mile non-stop.  I'm not there yet, but I will by the end of January!  Watch me wuuuurkkk!

Here are is my 6-month Plan:
  • Run a non-stop mile (30 days)
  • Run a non-stop 5k by March or April (90 days)
  • Lose about 2-3" in my waistline
  • Tone, define and sculpt my arms, legs, abs and posterior 
  • Lower and control my BP
  • Lose about 5-8 lbs
Right now, I'm skating on 152 lbs.  I'm 5'4" with a very athletic/muscular build.  My bottom half is pretty solid.  My most problematic area is my belly.  I want to get that under control.  My current measurements are:
Bust: 34"
Waist:  29"
Hips/Butt:  40.5"

The average person would look at my stats and thing I'm crazy for wanting to lose weight or lose inches, but I know what works for me and the results I want to see. I'm not unhealthy, but there is definitely room for improvement.  I've been tracking my progess with a food diary on MyFitnessPal to monitor what I'm eating, calorie intake and calories burned from rigorous activity.  It's been helpful to watch my progress.  I haven't lost any weight yet, but I know if I stay consistent and make fitness a habit, I'll be well on my way.  Wish me luck!


Do You Have Any Fitness Goals? If so, dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment