Monday, January 16, 2012

In Nine Months, I....

Nope!  Not what you're thinking.  Soon, but at least not right now! LOL!  Sooooo....I was curious to see the progress my hair has made over 2011.  I made a few significant marks. I reached APL (arm  pit length), I straightened and trimmed for the first time since my big chop in 2009.  It is always best to track your journey in pictures to see just how far you've come.  It's interesting to watch my hair bloom before my eyes.  I take soooo many pictures, you would think was vain!  Maybe I am a little, but I digress.  It boggles my mind just how much my hair has grown.  It's just CRAY!

Out of curiousity, I went back through my natural hair albums and started to look at my length check photos.  I went back to February 2011.  This was my length before the trim and my hair after the trim. Pardon my half nakedness.  :)

The tattoo on my back is my guide to my hair growth.  In the pre-trim pic, my hair is about 1.5" past my tattoo.  I actually trimmed my hair about 2" when I straightened it.  In my post-trim pic, it falls  in the middle of my tattoo.  Granted, my hair was bumped a little, but not by much.  I was a little bummed for trimming that much, but I knew it would be worth it in the long run.  I checked my hair every two months after that to see how I was doing.  I checked in April, late June, late August and just recently at the beginning of January.  Here is my length check photo over the last 9 months.

Not bad for nine months from a 2" trim!  I don't have exact measurements, but I'll venture to guesstimate my hair grew roughly 3-3.5" in 9 months.  It's a little slower than average, but I'm sure there were several factors why that's the case.  The summer heat was a BEAST :/ and my ends were struggling with moisture.  I had some shedding and some breakage going on, but I tried to make sure it didn't get out of control.  I wasn't very active exercise-wise and my diet wasn't the best, either.  I'm sure my hair could've grown more if I had been a little more hard core in my regimen. Now that I've turned over a new leaf, I'm sure I'll gain another 3" by April to get my full 6" for the year.  Nonetheless, I'm still pleased.  At least my hair isn't in the same place it was nine or even six months ago.  Now, that's looking at the glass half full!

2 comments:

  1. I just love your hair! Cannot wait to get this length. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Thank you for stopping by my new blog! :) Time flies when you're growing hair! It'll be there before you know it.

      Delete