As stated in a previous post, 2012 Natural Hair Challenge, my goal is retain up to 3" of growth every 3 months or an inch a month. It's a pretty ambitious goal, but I believe it can be achieved through a strict hair and diet regimen. My current regimen is simple. Every other week or every 10 days I:
- Apply Greek yogurt recipe (Naptural85) prior to shampooing (rinse out); finger detangle in the shower
- Shampoo with Kinky Curly Come Clean or Mizani True Textures
- Condition with Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner (rinse out); awesome slip and consistency!
- Final rinse with ACV (depends on how I feel)
- Apply leave-in -- Qhemet Cocoa Detangling Ghee; Coconut Oil to seal, and SM Deep Treatment Masque as styler
- Set my hair in flat twists, twists, braids, etc.
It is now day 3 and I've been taking it one day at a time. I have been in the gym a lot lately, so protective styling certainly is a plus for my sweaty hair. Here are my styles so far:
Day 1: Roll and Tuck
Twisted Updo: I don't have a good photo from yesterday, but here is how they always look.