Monday, January 23, 2012

I Got An "A"!!!!!


Hey Dolls!  Hope this post finds you all well.  I wanted to update you on my praise report!  Well, as you know, I started my first graduate level class last week and I start my second grad class today, and I must say, it's about to get REAL!  I'm really looking forward to the journey of my Counseling program and I'm believing my first semester is going to be a successful one.  I've already taken my first quiz in my Theories in Counseling class and I made an A!!!!!  I had to read a 40-page chapter, but I got it done!  I definitely have to stay up on my reading and note taking to be successful, so I've scheduled my time accordingly.  I have some intense research papers coming up, so pray for me, y'all!  I'm taking six credit hours, and balance is key.  I'm getting a 4.0 this semester!  I claim it right here, right now!


In other news, I also get an "A" for losing 7 lbs over the last month!  Yay!!!  I've been on a mission to live a healthier lifestyle, which includes, diet and exercise, and I'm happy to report that I've gone from 154 to 147 in 4 weeks.  I've lost .5" in my waist and my belly is slimming down.  My blood pressure is steady and back to near normal numbers (130s on down); I'm glad about that, too.  All in all, I'm making strides.  My fast is going really well, which I'm sure has been beneficial toward my weight loss.  I'm just 2 lbs away from my goal weight and I plan to maintain it and get leaner, more defined, and build more muscle.  When summer comes, it's on!




Finally, I get an "A" for my hair!  I've been protective styling everyday since the beginning of the year and I'm still going strong.  I've never worn my hair like this for this amount of time, but I'm getting used to it.  It helps when I frequent the gym, because my hair has to stayed tucked away as much as I sweat.  My hair seems to be thriving and in good shape.  It's definitely on the grow!  I've been switching up my products throughout the month.  I've started using EVOO and avocado oil, which I LOVE!  Avocado oil is awesome!  It's absorbs so much better than coconut oil for me.  It leaves my hair soft without the dried out feeling.  Coconut oil is great, but it tends to be a little drying for my liking.  My other new love is Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier!  This stuff is the SHIZ!  I love it.  It a great leave-in/detangler and it also leaves my hair feeling moisturized and manageable.  And to think, I had this sitting under my sink for year!  What the heck is wrong with me?!  I was missing out.

Well, there you have it.  Things are looking up for me and I'm excited about what's next!  I hope you have praise reports to share, too!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment