Friday, January 27, 2012

Week 4: Protect Ya Ends

Hey Dolls!

It's the 4th week of my hair challenge and I am mystified at how long I've been keeping up with my hair in protective styles.  I'm a "big hair don't care" kinda girl and I've never been a fan of protective styling, but y'all, here lately, I don't really miss my big hair these days!  *say what,  say huh?!!*  I know right!  I'm shocked, too.  Between my new busy schedule, which now includes grad school, styling my hair has been at the bottom of my agenda.  Low maintenance just works for me right now and being able to get up and go or add a few pins here and there, or my multipurpose bun have been time savers.  Who knew I would actually appreciate long term protective styling?  I just knew I would use up my two free days by now.

Right now, my hair is in flat twists and I pinned the twists into an updo.  I've been wearing my twisted updos for the last three weeks.  I like them, because they're simple, they last for a while, and it makes for a good style for workouts.  I'm in the gym 3x a week and this is by far the best no fuss style for sweating it out!  Every 2-3 days, I take down my twists to moisturize, refresh and restyle.  I spritz my hair lightly with water/Fermodyl 619 mixture for easy detangling.  Followed by my new favorite leave-in, Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier; I love this stuff.  My hair just absorbs it so well and it leaves it so soft and moisturized.  Finally, I'll add a little avocado/evoo to my ends to seal them.  Speaking of my ends, I am singing their praises right now!  No knots, breakage, dryness, splits!  They've never looked or felt so good.  I don't even have to add a styler or heavy cream when I restyle.  My hair stays moisturized for another three days, tops.

I'll wash this weekend and will retwist/pin for the following week.   My styles are by no means profound, but then again, they're not meant to be.  I'm going for a simple, no-fuss, heads off approach to styling and it's starting to grow on  me.  I like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment